UPDATE to our COVID Protocols:
As of May 5th, we are cautiously returning to most normal services. After careful consideration, and close observation of the local virus trajectory, we have decided that it is in the best interest of our patients to resume wellness services. From needed vaccinations to keep protected, to keeping their skin/coat and ears healthy through grooming services, to maintaining short nails to avoid breakage, these services are important to the health and well-being of your pets. (As a veterinary hospital, we are considered essential, and our services therefore allowed under the shelter-in-place order.)
To do this safely, we will be utilizing masks, social distancing and a “curbside” approach:
- Clients will remain in their vehicles in the parking lot.
- Call or text the main hospital phone number to let us know that you are here. We will confirm your cell number and get a vehicle description. (If you do not have a cell phone, please knock gently on the front door and wait for us to come to the door.)
- WAH staff, in a mask, will come to your car to get a brief verbal history and retrieve your pet. We ask that you please maintain social distancing of 6 feet from staff and we would appreciate it if you also wore a mask.
- While you wait in the car, our staff will bring your dog into WAH on one of our clean leashes, or your cat in their carrier. Please ask for assistance if you do not have a cat carrier. For safety reasons, we will not permit staff to hand carry cats from the car.
- If your pet is scheduled to see the doctor, the vet will call you after the exam to discuss findings and any recommendations.
- Once your pet’s services are completed, the front staff will call you to schedule any follow up appointments and to receive your payment info. We ask that you plan to pay by credit or debit card. If this is not possible, please discuss options with the front desk staff.
- Your pet will be brought back out to your car, along with any medications or products.
- If you are coming to WAH to pick up refills of medications or pet food, please call from the car to make your phone payment. Staff will then instruct you on how to retrieve your items via social distancing.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to provide you the service you have come to expect, while making extra efforts to protect you, us, and the community. As such, wait times may be slightly longer than usual, but please know that we are working diligently to take care of your pet’s medical needs in the safest way possible for us all.